IMPORTANT REMINDER about Lanyards, ID's & Masks
An Important Reminder about Lanyards, ID's & Masks
The following reminders are an important factor in keeping students and staff safe in our buildings.
Lanyards & ID's:
When students arrived at school, it is important that they are wearing their school lanyard with ID. Having students wear their school lanyards and IDs allows us to identify students at a glance and enables us to recognize any person who should not be on our campus. The expectation is that the lanyard and ID will be worn and is visible. It is not acceptable to just have them in one's possession.
The CDC recommends that you wear masks in public settings around people who don’t live in your household. Masks are a critical step to help prevent people from getting and spreading COVID-19. The following steps are from the CDC on how to correctly wear a mask:
- Wash your hands or use hand sanitizer before putting on your mask.
- Put the mask over your nose and mouth and secure it under your chin.
- Fit the mask snugly against the sides of your face, slipping the loops over your ears or tying the strings behind your head.
- If you have to continually adjust your mask, it doesn’t fit properly, and you might need to find a different mask type or brand.
- Make sure you can breathe easily.
D86 would like every students and staff member to take the time to wear their masks correctly. By following the simple guidelines that the CDC has in place, it will make our school environment safer for everyone.
We appreciate and thank everyone for following these reminders.