- Hinsdale Central High School
District 86 Seeking Individuals to Serve as Substitute Teachers and "Line of Sight" Staff
Some of our parents/guardians and community members have inquired about ways they can support our efforts to resume in-person instruction. One of the most important and helpful things people can do is to become a substitute teacher.
By having access to a dedicated pool of substitutes, we will be able to more effectively navigate potential issues or challenges that include, but are not limited to:
- Staff members testing positive for COVID-19.
- Staff members needing to quarantine after coming in close contact with someone who tests positive for COVID-19.
- Staff members going on leave for medical or childcare reasons.
- Staff members experiencing an illness or medical emergency not related to COVID-19.
- Staff members experiencing a family issue or emergency not related to COVID-19.
People who serve as substitutes will be responsible for either executing the lesson plans that are created by our regular classroom teachers, or serving in a "line of sight" capacity in situations where teachers are able to provide real-time instruction from home through the use of technology. At this time, we know that we need “line of sight” people for 39 staff members who have COVID-like symptoms or are approved for a leave under the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) for medical or childcare reasons. The current pay rate for substitutes is $133 per day.
In order to be a substitute teacher here in District 86, you must:
- Pass a background check. Those who apply by mid-October will have their background check paid for by the district.
- Have a bachelor’s degree or higher in any subject from a regionally accredited institution of high learning.
- Have an active substitute licensure with the DuPage Regional Office of Education (ROE).
If you do not have an active substitute licensure, you can apply for one by visiting https://sec3.isbe.net/IWASNET/login.aspx or contacting the DuPage ROE at 630-407-5800. We are also happy to help you navigate the licensure process if you need assistance.
If you are interested in being a substitute teacher in District 86, you can apply online at http://bit.ly/2ZvTDqN. If you have questions or need additional information about subbing, please contact Stacie Creighton at Screight@hinsdale86.org.