- Hinsdale Central High School
District 86 Board of Education Appoints Members of Special Committee
During its regular action meeting on Thursday, August 22, the Hinsdale Township High School District Board of Education unanimously approved the appointment of the 11 individuals from the Hinsdale Central and Hinsdale South communities who will serve on the District’s special committee regarding community engagement with construction. This committee, which will be a joint committee with Facilities, has been charged with engaging and leveraging the expertise of the community to help support the construction process the District will be undertaking in conjunction with its Future Ready Facilities plans.
“On behalf of the Board and administration, I want to thank everyone who applied for a position on the special committee regarding community engagement with construction,” said board member Marty Turek, who will chair the committee. “This process was a great reminder not only of the immense talent and expertise we have in our community, but also how strongly committed people are to the success of our students, staff and schools. We look forward to working with the members of the committee, as well as our students, staff, families and community members, to provide the young men and women we serve with access to modernized facilities and critical resources that will aid their growth, development and success both in and out of the classroom.”
A total of 40 people applied for the openings on the committee by the August 14 deadline. Facilities Committee members Kevin Camden (Board Vice President and Co-Chair of Facilities), Keith Chval (Board Member and Co-Chair of Facilities), Marty Turek (Board Member and Chair of the special committee), Dorothy McCarty (Owner’s Rep), Josh Stephenson (Chief Financial Officer), Jessica Orama (Director of Operations) reviewed all of the information that was submitted via the application process, and utilized an independent rating system to assess and evaluate the qualifications of each candidate. In order to be considered, applicants had to have industry expertise or a deep understanding of the District’s needs based on their participation on a facility or steering committee.
Below are the names of the individuals who were selected to serve on the special committee regarding community engagement with construction. The group’s first joint meeting with the Facilities Committee is scheduled to take place on Friday, September 20 at 8:30 a.m. at Hinsdale South High School.
- Kirk Admire – Commercial design and construction project management professional with 30 years of architecture experience
- Steve Cashman – Educational architect with 36 years of industry experience
- William Carpenter – Professional with 12 years of experience as a contractor and accountant who is a former president and member of the District 86 Board of Education and served on the District’s Facilities Committee
- Craig Cassell – Educational real estate professional with 18 years of experience and expertise in school building construction, design and development
- Tamakia Edwards – Capital construction program manager with more than 15 years of experience in areas that include safety and security, infrastructure and accessibility
- Ehab Elqaq – Electrical engineer with 26 years of experience who is LEED certified in building design and construction
- Lisa Lundgren – A marketing and finance professional who served on two community task force groups, the District 86 Pools Task Force and the Master Planning Facilities Committee that was focused on physical education, driver’s education and athletics
- William Lyons – Senior construction executive with 46 years of experience in general management and operations in industry sectors that include commercial, residential, education, retail, hotel/lodging, senior living, entertainment and heath care
- John Ochoa – Architect with more than 30 years of experience in education design who has worked on a variety of projects for elementary schools, middle schools and high schools
- Greg Orput – Professional with more than 10 years of experience in full-service commercial and multi-family residential real estate and another 10 years of experience in architectural design
- Jennifer Planson – Longtime member of the District 86 Board of Education who was the chair of the District’s Master Facilities Committee and a liaison for the District’s Master Facilities Community Task Force