On Thursday, Aug. 13, we announced that all District 86 students will begin the school year in our Remote Learning 2.0 model due to the updated guidance that the Illinois Department of Public Health and Illinois State Board of Education released on Aug. 12. You can access additional information about this decision by visiting https://conta.cc/30TdYKP.
We recognize that the timing of our shift to Remote Learning 2.0 is not ideal, especially for our working families that have been planning their schedules around our hybrid model. We also know that this decision will be disappointing for those of you who have advocated for in-person instruction. Please know that we are committed to getting our students and staff back in our buildings as quickly as possible. However, we have the utmost confidence in our remote learning plan and the teachers who will be implementing it. In addition, given the seriousness and severity of the COVID-19 pandemic, we must continue to make health and safety our primary focus and top priority.
Below is our schedule for the first week of school (Aug. 17-21). We will share new information about our plans as it becomes available. We will also provide a detailed update during and after the board of education meeting on Aug. 27. In the meantime, we thank you for your continued patience and support as we navigate this challenging situation.
- Classes will be held virtually from 8 a.m. to 11:25 a.m., with early bird taking place from 7:30 a.m. to 7:55 a.m.
- Each class will be 25 minutes long, and will be conducted by teachers via platforms such as Zoom or Google Meet.
- During the afternoon (1:30 p.m. to 3 p.m.), students will either complete asynchronous work or take part in teacher-led interventions (individual or group).
- Teachers will share assignment information and the links for the Zoom or Google Meet sessions via Canvas or email.
- Students will shift to the schedule for Remote Learning 2.0 on Aug. 20 and 21. You can access this schedule by visiting https://bit.ly/3fX5PJu.
- On Thursday, periods 1 through 3 will be held from 8 a.m. to 1:15 p.m., with early bird taking place from 1:45 p.m. to 3 p.m.
- On Friday, periods 4/5/6, 6/7/8, 9 and 10 will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m.