Hinsdale Central Vision Statement
The expectation of excellence is rooted in the traditions of Hinsdale Central. In an environment that fosters a desire to learn, all members of the organization are committed to educating each student. In order for us to succeed, we must clearly identify standards we will work to achieve and maintain. These standards are identified in several areas and will be the benchmarks by which we will measure our success:
All members of our community are responsible for providing a climate that contributes to our success and a high school experience that builds a sense of pride we all share. In our school we:
provide a safe and secure environment that is conducive to learning.
recognize that all relationships are based on respect for others and an understanding of each person’s responsibility for his/her behavior.
understand school rules and policies exist to support our organization and are consistently applied by all staff.
recognize the achievements of all members.
encourage and model behaviors appropriate to the development of character.
The educational community recognizes the importance of maintaining a partnership between the school and community at large. In our school we:
seek ways to improve the quality of communication between the home and school.
always provide a clear rationale for policies and practices.
share information that is important in a timely manner.
recognize that the more our community is involved and informed, the more successful we will be.Staff
Attracting and retaining outstanding people is a must if we are to move toward our vision. In our school we:
- demonstrate our support for a shared vision and a common sense of purpose.
- encourage all members of the organization to be leaders and experts in their fields.
- promote collaboration and collegial decision-making on matters relating to students, curriculum, instruction, and school improvement initiatives.
- facilitate the growth of our students.
The degree to which we measure our success in attaining this vision is by each student’s progress. We will provide opportunities that facilitate this growth. In our school we:
- work to meet students’ needs.
- encourage students to reach their potential in all they do, and to become self-directed learners.
- teach students to accept responsibility for their actions.
- encourage students to get involved in their school and in their community.
- let students know we believe in them and will find ways for them to succeed based on their ability and interests.