PushCoin provides a single payment platform with user-friendly features:
- Mobile-friendly website.
- Free electronic funding option with eCheck.
- Email notifications with detailed purchase information or when the account balance is low.
- Ability to check your student’s transaction history.
- Ability to transfer funds between students using Move Money feature to transfer a portion a deposit or balance to another student in the same family.
- PushCoin wallet balances may also be used to pay for items at the bookstore, school activities and fees. If you did not request a refund of the Technology Fee you may already have a balance in your student’s PushCoin wallet. Create and link your account now to verify.
If you have not done so already, follow these steps to create and link your parent account to your student’s existing PushCoin account.
- Go to www.pushcoin.com.
- Sign up as a parent or guardian. Either click on I don't have an account and fill out the form or you can use an accelerated sign up by clicking on the Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn or Hotmail links. Note that if you use accelerated sign up, the email address associated with that account must be the same as the email address you have on file in the student information system.
- Add your student to your PushCoin account by clickingAdd User. Enter the unique PushCoin Registration Code, which was sent to you with your Technology Fee refund letter, or use theFind a student function and enter the required fields. If you cannot locate the unique registration code, note that you must use the email address you have on file in the student information system.
- Information about the student should appear on the screen. Verify the information is correct and clickConfirm.
You can fund your student’s PushCoin account for free using an electronic check or for a fee with a credit card. Note that credit card and debit card transactions have a processing fee of 2.95%. Set up your payment method by clicking onAccounts and then click on Add Account:
- Electronic check (eCheck). The eCheck funding option is free to parents and to District 86.
- Debit or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). There is an additional fee of 2.95% per transaction to use credit or debit cards. This fee is charged by the card processor and was approved as a pass-through fee by the Board of Education. District 86 does not make any profit on this fee. The 2.95% fee will be in addition to the original transaction amount. You will be able to see the total cost before submitting the transaction.
To add funds to your student wallet/lunch account, click Users andFund Wallet.
Buying Lunch and Other Uses of the PushCoin Wallet
Beginning on January 10, 2017, students will be able to purchase lunch in the cafeteria using cash or by showing their student ID cards, which will be linked to the individual student’s PushCoin wallet. No checks will be accepted in the cafeteria. If you wish to give your student a check to deposit into a PushCoin wallet, your student must handle that transaction at the bookstore.No exceptions.
Purchase/Balance Notifications and Negative Balances
- Balance Notifications: You can configure your notification preferences by clicking on theSettings You can choose to see Major events only to receive reminders when your student’s wallet drops to a certain level. The amount you set is entirely up to you.
- Purchase Notifications: Through PushCoin you can configure notifications to seeEvery transaction. Using this setting, you will receive an email for each transaction that describes the item purchased, its price and the time of purchase. You can choose to view this information without receiving email notification by clicking on the Transactions
- Negative Balances: The Quietsetting only generates an email notification in the case of a negative balance. Note that you cannot opt out of negative balance alerts.
Each student will be allowed to drop to a maximum negative balance of -$5.00. This will allow students to purchase one lunch before the account is disabled due to lack of funds.
Q. What if I don’t know my student’s PushCoin registration code?
Your student’s unique PushCoin Registration Code was sent to you with your Technology Fee refund letter. If you have misplaced it, you can fund your student’s account using theFind a Student function and entering school, name, birthdate, and student id. If you cannot locate the Registration Code, note that you must use the email address you have on file in the student information system.
Q. What if I have more than one student?
Each student has their own, individual PushCoin wallet. As the parent or guardian, you can link all of your students’ accounts to your parent account for easy monitoring and funding.
Q. What if I don't want to receive my student's daily purchase receipts?
You can configure your notification preferences under the Settings tab after logging in to your PushCoin account.
Q. Can students share a PushCoin Wallet?
No, each student must have their own PushCoin wallet.
Q. How do I know my financial information and/or the money in my PushCoin wallet is secure?
All PushCoin credit card and eCheck transactions are processed by a third party PCI compliant credit card processor. More information on PushCoin platform security can be found at http://knowhow.pushcoin.com/security-reliability-user-privacy-measures-faq/.
Q. Why can’t I pay with a check in the cafeteria?
Cafeteria personnel cannot process manual deposits into PushCoin. Only cash and payment through PushCoin using the student ID card will be accepted in the cafeteria. If you send a check with your student to school, your student must deposit the check into PushCoin at the bookstore.
Q. What if my student qualifies for free or reduced-price lunch?
If your student qualifies for free or reduced-price lunch, your student will pay by showing the student ID card and PushCoin will automatically apply the discount to your student’s purchase.
Q. What happens if I forget to add funds to my student's PushCoin wallet?
By linking your parent account to your student’s account now, you will receive notifications about account balance information. Each student will be allowed to drop to a maximum negative balance of -$5.00. This will allow students to purchase one lunch before the account is disabled due to lack of funds.
Q. What if I don’t want to pay the 2.95% credit or debit card processing fee?
You can avoid paying the 2.95% card processing fee by paying with an electronic check from your checking account (eCheck) online. The fee goes directly to the card processor; District 86 does not make any money on this fee.
Q. What happens to the money in my student’s MealTime account?
All fund balances as of 5 p.m., Thursday, December 22, 2016, will be transferred over to your student’s PushCoin wallet.
Q. When can I fund my student’s PushCoin wallet?
As soon as you link your parent account to your student’s account.
Q. When can my student start using funds from the PushCoin wallet?
On Tuesday, January 10, 2017.
Q. What if I have more specific questions about PushCoin?
If you have questions about your PushCoin account, you should contact PushCoin by phone at (800) 381-9917 or by email at email@example.com.