Hinsdale Township High School District 86
Comprehensive SAT Assessment Plan 2020-21
In 2018 the College Board was awarded a three-year contract to the state of Illinois to provide a suite of assessments designed measure student acheivement in ELA and Mathmatics. This assessment series begins with the PSAT 9 and culminates with the SAT. District 86 will provide all students an oportunity to take thes the assessments each year of the contract. The SAT is a nationally recognized college entrance exam and can be used for student application or admissions consideration to all colleges and Universities in the United States. The assessments will be administered during the school day, and an alternate schedule will be communicated to families.
District 86 plans to administer the fall SAT suite of assessments during the month of October, 2021. The dates and cost have not been confirmed yet, but will be communicated to families once they are. This administration will include an opportunity for all juniors to take the PSAT 10 / NMSQT which serves as the National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Exam.
2020-2021 SAT Assessment Dates
- SAT (with Essay), Tuesday April 13, 2021 - All juniors and any senior who did not take the in-school SAT during the 2019-2020 school year
- PSAT 9, Wednesday April 14, 2021 - All freshmen
- PSAT 10, Thursday April 15, 2021 - All sophomores
If students or parents have questions about our assessment system, please contact one of the following District 86 administrators:
- Dr. Chris Covino, Assistant Superintendent for Academics
- Mr. Eric Martzolf, Hinsdale South Assistant Principal for Instruction
- Ms. Jessica Hurt, Hinsdale Central Assistant Principal for Insruction
More information about the SAT Suite of Assessments can be found at: https://collegereadiness.collegeboard.org/