Governor Pritzker has issued Executive Order 2020-07, which calls for the temporary suspension of certain Open Meetings Act (OMA) requirements in light of the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. In response to this order, the District 86 Board of Education will be implemeting temporary rules that will allow for virtual participation in upcoming meetings. This is being done to help preserve and protect the health and safety of everyone involved, and also comply with the directive from the state and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) to limit large gatherings to no more than 50 people.
While the limit on large gatherings does allow for some members of the general public to attend meetings in person, we implore you to please consider taking advantage of the resources that are available for experiencing or participating in the session virtually. Below is additional information about these resources.
We thank you for your patience and understanding as we navigate the situation involving COVID-19, and appreciate your flexibility as we implement temporary processes and procedures for keeping people healthy and safe.
2:230 TR Temporary Rules for Public Participation at School Board Meetings During COVID-19 Emergency
Adopted March 19 2020: http://go.boarddocs.com/il/hinsdale86/Board.nsf/goto?open&id=BMRS38709AA2
Members of the general public will have an opportunity to share their comments, questions and feedback via audience communication at board and committee meetings. To share your thoughts with the board virtually, please complete the Google Form below.
- March 19, 2020 Committee of the Whole Meeting: https://forms.gle/PwvjWuL8Dja6PL1x5 comments submitted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1eAsdeL-K7Qamh7Xn8AB0sSIn2WyLEF0RxFjk3yZQClQ/edit?usp=sharing
- March 20, 2020 Joint Facilities & Special Committee Meeting: https://forms.gle/3GKj2NwRLjWY4jcs7 no comments submitted
- March 26, 2020 Regular Action Meeting: https://forms.gle/sSeKxUC1BD96tWcf8 comments submitted: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sStuygXPTEQLXIBe-4wmrN2QnbfKf2OCcIdC_XceGo4/edit?usp=sharing
Below is additional information about the Google Form and how it will be used to support this important process.
- As is the standard practice with audience communication, you will be asked to provide your first name, last name, the town in which you live and the topic you plan to address. After that, you will be able to write or copy/cut and paste your comments into the form. Please remember to click the submit button on the bottom of the form when you are finished.
- Responses to the form must be submitted by no later than the posted start time of the relevant board or committee meeting.
- People will only be permitted to submit one response to the form.
- Submissions will be read verbatim during the open session of the meeting as long as the content provided adheres to policy 2:230 (Public Participation at Board of Education Meetings and Petitions to the Board).
- While there is no character or word limit on the form, time limits for audience communication established per Policy 2:230 will be enforced.
- Members of the general public will be able to view all of the responses to the form.
You can access the livestream below. After the meeting adjourns viewers can immediately watch the meeting by clicking the play button. Once the video is tagged, it will be uploaded to the video archive of board meetings: https://vimeo.com/user9373008/videos.
When the Board goes into closed session, live broadcast of the meeting will be suspended until the Board returns to open session.