Below is information about the steps we will be taking to help ensure that our return to school is safe and successful for our students in special education.
- Students in special education will have the option of attending school via the district’s hybrid model or online program.
- We will have limited community-based instruction, including job sites, that are subject to changing health conditions in our area.
- Some students will be placed in both the A and B groups. Most of these students will be the ones who spend the majority of their day in self-contained settings (Foundations classes, HAVEN, etc.).
- Students with medical exemptions for face coverings may be allowed to attend classes in person. In these situations, we will put additional measures in place to help preserve and protect the health and safety of all our students.
- We will hold IEP and Section 504 meetings remotely to help ensure that we comply with the plans we have in place for our students and continue to meet their needs.