Plans and Protocols for In-Person Days
Below are the main things that will change if we move to a hybrid with lunch model.
- We will follow our normal bell schedule.
- Classes will be 50 minutes long, with five-minute passing periods between them.
There will be a 25-minute lunch period that will be provided in accordance with health and safety guidelines - e.g., limits on the total number of people, social distancing, etc.
- Options at the outset will be limited to “Grab and Go” meals similar to the ones we will distribute at the end of the day in the hybrid model with no lunch.
- Students will be divided into cohorts of no more than 50 people, and will eat lunch with that cohort for the remainder of first semester. They will also be assigned to a specific lunch space and seat for the remainder of first semester.
- Students will be permitted to lower or remove their face coverings while they eat. However, if they need to leave their assigned seat during lunch (e.g., throw out garbage, use the restroom, etc.), they will need to put their face coverings back on. They will also need to put their face coverings back on before leaving their seat/lunch space to go to their next class.
All of the other safety protocols spelled out in the hybrid model with no lunch (e.g., rules for taking the bus, temperature screenings, face coverings over the nose and mouth, updated traffic flow patterns, suspension of locker use, restroom use, etc.) will remain in effect and continue to be enforced in the hybrid model with lunch.