Hybrid With Lunch
Our goal for first semester will be to transition from the hybrid model with no lunch to a hybrid model that will feature our normal schedule – i.e., early bird from 7 a.m. to 7:50 a.m. followed by periods 1-10 and a 25-minute lunch from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. In order to achieve this goal, we must meet the following safety criteria:
- Students demonstrate a consistent ability to follow social distancing guidelines.
- Students follow the appropriate protocols for the donning and doffing of face coverings.
- Students demonstrate a proficiency for sanitizing their hands throughout the day.
- Students demonstrate the ability to comply with updated traffic patterns throughout the buildings.
- West Suburban Region 8 remains in Phase 4 of the Restore Illinois Plan.
- Staff readiness/training indicators are met/fulfilled.
While Hinsdale South is not facing any specific space constraints, there are several that Hinsdale Central will need to address in order to host lunch, music and physical education simultaneously.
- The school will need seven large areas to hold lunch in order to comply with the guidelines regarding the number of individuals who are permitted in a space.
- The school will need nine large spaces to hold physical education inside the building when it rains and from November through February.
- The school will need six large spaces to hold band and choir instruction inside the building when it rains and from November through February.
We are still waiting for direction from the Illinois Department of Public Health about how it is defining a room, and if we will be able to partition larger spaces to accommodate more students for lunch, music and physical education.
Many aspects of the instructional day for the hybrid model with lunch will mirror the ones for the hybrid model without lunch - i.e., students divided into two groups, number of days classes will meet in-person versus remote, Wednesday being remote for everyone, etc. The main difference between the two is that the hybrid model with lunch will follow our normal bell schedule for Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday - i.e., classes will be held from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m., with early bird taking place from 7 a.m. to 7:50 a.m.