District 86 is beginning preparations for the 2021-22 school year, which will include working with families to complete the registration and residency verification process for next year.Board policy and the Illinois School Code state that students must live within the district’s boundaries in order to attend our schools. We verify residency on an annual basis to ensure that we are operating in accordance with the law and utilizing taxpayer dollars to educate students from our community. You can access additional information about residency verification by visiting https://d86.hinsdale86.org/Page/773.Similar to last year, we will be using a third-party vendor to check student residency information electronically. However, in an effort to aid the speed and efficiency of this critical process, we will be utilizing a new online system called Registration Gateway, which families will be able to access via a mobile phone or personal computer starting on Monday, May 3 at 8 a.m.Below is information about how to access the new system, and who you can contact from each school if you have questions or need assistance.Sincerely,Ryan Maita, Hinsdale Central Assistant PrincipalKari Peronto, Hinsdale South Assistant Principal
Sign in to your Registration Gateway account
- Click the link for Registration Gateway that will be live/accessible via the websites for District 86, Hinsdale Central and Hinsdale South starting on May 3 at 8 a.m. We will also share the link via email and social media.
- Select the button titled “Returning Student Registration” and follow the prompt to start the registration process.
Complete the online registration process
- Questions marked with a red asterisk (*) are required.
- If you would like to make a change, click on the underlined field or “< Back” to return to a previous page.
- You do not have to complete the process in one sitting. If you click the “save and logout” button on the left, you can log back in later to enter additional information and/or finish the process.
- The registration process must be completed for each student who will be enrolling in District 86 for the 2020-21 school year. You will use the same email and password to sign-in and use the family review option to complete for multiple students.
- No documentation is required to complete the registration process.
Submit completed registration Information
When you have finished entering your information, click “Submit.” This will send everything you have entered to District 86. If you are unable to click on the “Submit” button, please go back and make sure you have answered all of the required questions.
If you experience any technical difficulties associated with Registration Gateway, please click the “Help” icon located at the top of the screen for assistance. If you have questions, need help with the registration process or need to update your student’s information, please contact the registrar for your child’s school.
- LaTonya Shumate - Hinsdale Central Registrar - (630) 570-8148
- Annette Sarocco - Hinsdale South Registrar - (630) 468-4269
- Maribel Hernandez - D86 Transition/Bridge - (630) 468-4318
If your student’s residency and registration are verified and complete, you will receive an email confirmation from the district.
If your student’s residency cannot be verified, your child’s school will contact you directly. At that time, you will receive information about the paperwork you must submit to complete the verification process. You can access a list of the documents you may be asked to provide by visiting https://d86.hinsdale86.org/domain/217.
Any student whose registration has not been completed by July 15, 2021 will be made inactive in our system and have his/her schedule dropped.