PushCoin provides a single payment platform with user-friendly features:
- Mobile-friendly website.
- Free electronic funding option with eCheck.
- Email notifications with detailed purchase information or when the account balance is low.
- Ability to check your student’s transaction history.
- Ability to transfer funds between students using Move Money feature to transfer a portion a deposit or balance to another student in the same family.
- PushCoin wallet balances may also be used to pay for items at the bookstore, school activities and fees. If you did not request a refund of the Technology Fee you may already have a balance in your student’s PushCoin wallet. Create and link your account now to verify.
If you have not done so already, follow these steps to create and link your parent account to your student’s existing PushCoin account.
- Go to pushcoin.com.
- Sign up as a parent or guardian. Either click on I don't have an account and fill out the form or you can use an accelerated sign up by clicking on the Facebook, Gmail, LinkedIn or Hotmail links. Note that if you use accelerated sign up, the email address associated with that account must be the same as the email address you have on file in the student information.
- Add your student to your PushCoin account by clicking Add User. Enter the unique PushCoin Registration Code, which was sent to you with your Technology Fee refund letter, or use the Find a student function and enter the required fields. If you cannot locate the unique registration code, note that you must use the email address you have on file in the student information system.
- Information about the student should appear on the screen. Verify the information is correct and click Confirm.
You can fund your student’s PushCoin account for free using an electronic check or for a fee with a credit card. Note that credit card and debit card transactions have a processing fee of 3.0%. Set up your payment method by clicking on Accounts and then click on Add Account:
- Electronic check (eCheck). The eCheck funding option is free to parents and to District 86.
- Debit or Credit Card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover). There is an additional fee of 3.0% per transaction to use credit or debit cards. This fee is charged by the card processor and was approved as a pass-through fee by the Board of Education. District 86 does not make any profit on this fee. The 3.0% fee will be in addition to the original transaction amount. You will be able to see the total cost before submitting the transaction.
To add funds to your student wallet/lunch account, click Users and Fund Wallet.
Buying Meals and Other Uses of the PushCoin Wallet
Students will be able to purchase meals in the cafeteria using cash or by showing their student ID cards, which will be linked to the individual student’s PushCoin wallet. No checks will be accepted in the cafeteria. If you wish to give your student a check to deposit into a PushCoin wallet, your student must handle that transaction at the bookstore. No exceptions.
Purchase/Balance Notifications and Negative Balances
- Balance Notifications: You can configure your notification preferences by clicking on the Settings tab. You can choose to see Major events only to receive reminders when your student’s wallet drops to a certain level. The amount you set is entirely up to you.
- Purchase Notifications: Through PushCoin you can configure notifications to see Every transaction. Using this setting, you will receive an email for each transaction that describes the item purchased, its price and the time of purchase. You can choose to view this information without receiving email notification by clicking on the Transactions tab.
- Negative Balances: The Quiet setting only generates an email notification in the case of a negative balance. Note that you cannot opt out of negative balance alerts.
Each student will be allowed to drop to a maximum negative balance of -$5.00. This will allow students to purchase one lunch before the account is disabled due to lack of funds.