Hello District 86! A letter from the district has been sent out to all families regarding lunches for your students, in case you missed it, we are posting it here.
Dear District 86 Families,
On Monday, Oct. 5, we began implementing our phased-in approach for resuming in-person instruction. As part of this approach, we are working closely and collaboratively with our food service provider (Quest Food Management Services) to give every student who is on campus a free grab-and-go lunch at the end of the school day. Below is information about how meals will be distributed over the next several weeks.
- All students who are on campus for in-person instruction will have the option/opportunity to take a free grab-and-go lunch at the end of the school day. Hinsdale Central students can pick up their lunch in two locations - by the entrance of the main gymnasium off of Grant Street or by door number five. Hinsdale South students can pick up their lunch in the cafeteria.
- Students from our Transition program who are on campus for in-person instruction will also receive a free grab-and-go lunch at the end of the school day. These lunches will be coordinated and distributed by our Transition program staff.
- During the week of Oct. 5, students can pick up their lunch from their school’s designated location between 11:20 a.m. and noon.
- During the weeks of Oct, 12, 19, 26 and Nov. 2, students can pick up their lunch from their school’s designated location between 11:35 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Mondays and Thursdays, and between 12:50 p.m. and 1:30 p.m. on Tuesdays and Fridays.
- Since students and staff will be off on Nov. 3 in observance of Election Day, Wednesday, Nov. 4 will follow the Tuesday schedule - i.e., there will be no Wednesday remote schedule on this day. As a result, students who are on campus for in-person instruction on this day will be able to pick up their lunch from their school’s designated location between 12:50 p.m. and 1:30 p.m.
Students who have specific dietary restrictions and want to receive a free grab-and-go lunch at the end of the school day should complete and submit the form found at https://bit.ly/30Choko. We will use the information we receive to make meals that meet the dietary needs of our students. Each of the meals will be labeled with the student’s ID number and made available for pick up on the days and times listed above. Students from Hinsdale South with dietary restrictions will pick up their lunches from the cafeteria, while students from Hinsdale Central with dietary restrictions will pick up their lunches from the main gymnasium (special dietary meals for students at Central will only be distributed in the gym; they will not be available or handed out at door five).
All of our families that qualify for free and reduced lunch were sent a detailed overview about the updated meal delivery process on Oct. 2. If your student qualifies for free and reduced lunch, and you did not receive the communication or have questions about the process, please contact Chris Koutavas at email@example.com.
If you have questions or need additional information about the meal distribution process, please contact your school’s main office (Hinsdale Central, 630-570-8000; Hinsdale South, 630-468-4000; Transition programs, 630-468-4591).
Kari Peronto and Ryan Maita
Assistant Principals of Operations