Required Summer Reading
Students must read the book or books listed here that correspond to the English class that they will be taking during the 2017-2018 school year. During the first week of school, English teachers will be conducting lessons related to these books that may include quizzes, tests, graded discussions, and other assessments. Students should bring copies of these books to class on the first day of school. We have notified local bookstores about this reading program, and they will have titles available for purchase throughout the summer. In addition, Indian Prairie Public Library and other local libraries should have extra copies of these titles. Parents may want to read along with their students.
Sponsored by The West Suburban Options Fair Consortium
Gift of Failure author Jessica Lahey to appear November 16 and 17
Monday, October 16, 2017
- Attention AP students! Are you stressed? Do you like dogs? Do you like cookies? Of course you do! Sign up for our presentation on stress management with therapy dogs on Friday, October 20th, 3rd period in the auditorium. Learn strategies for dealing with stress and enjoy the dogs and treats. The deadline to sign up is October 17th, and the link is in your e-mail!
- Hey-Homecoming may be over, but never fear! Turnabout will be here! February 3rd is right around the corner so save this date on your calendar-you’re not going to want to miss it!!
- Are you an author? Do you want to be? Submit your original short stories, fan-fiction, and poetry/song lyrics to Indian Prairie Library’s WRITE-ON contest for a chance to win a cash prize! Entry forms available at Indian Prairie Library and writeon.ippl.info. Winners to be announced Nov. 9th. Questions? Come to the HSHS Library.
- Attention Seniors! Tuesday, October 17th, from 3pm-7pm Counselors will be in the South Library to help with college applications and FAFSA Completion! Please join us for any amount of time! Ask your Counselor for more information.
- Hola Spanish Club Members! We will be having a Spanish Club meeting on Tuesday, October 17th, after school. We will meet in Room 343 for an early Day of the Dead celebration. Not familiar with this famous Mexican holiday? Come find out about it and decorate a rice krispy treat tomb.
- With Veterans Day coming up soon, the Hornets for Wounded Warriors will be selling camo bandanas in front of the cafeteria during lunch next week, Oct 16-20. Wear these to the game against Hinsdale Central that Friday night. Come and show your support for both the Hornets and our returned veterans. All proceeds will be donated to the GI GO Fund.
- Yearbook Photo retakes are happening Thursday, October 19th. Any freshman, sophomore, junior, or faculty member who needs to take or retake their yearbook photo can go to the auditorium lobby before school, first, second, or third period, or the lunches. Photographers will not be available after lunches or after school. Order forms and online ordering can be found at www.vipis.com.
- French Club members – this Weds, October 18th join us for Croissants and Karaoke! Enjoy a delicious French treat and test out your singing skills to a popular French song. See you in room 355!
- Looking for a good book? Come to the library and get a FREE copy of one of Julie Murphy’s books – Read it, sign it, and pass it along. Want to meet author Julie Murphy on November 9th? Come to the library to sign up, or go to the library websi