Required Summer Reading
Students must read the book or books listed here that correspond to the English class that they will be taking during the 2017-2018 school year. During the first week of school, English teachers will be conducting lessons related to these books that may include quizzes, tests, graded discussions, and other assessments. Students should bring copies of these books to class on the first day of school. We have notified local bookstores about this reading program, and they will have titles available for purchase throughout the summer. In addition, Indian Prairie Public Library and other local libraries should have extra copies of these titles. Parents may want to read along with their students.
District 86 Board of Education Announces Two Special Meetings to Listen to Community Input on Student Enrollment
Tuesday, Sept. 6 and Wednesday, Sept. 12 -- Both meetings will follow the same format
FRIDAY SEPTEMBER 22, 2017
- Class Shirts on Friday, 09/22! Win the title of Spirit Royalty when you submit your outfits to Instagram with the tag @HSHS_Activities. See your email for more details.
- Hello Hornet Nation! Operation Snowball is a 3 day retreat where you listen to great speakers, take part in many fun activities, and hone your leadership skills. If you are interested, please pick up registration forms in the social work office Room 248. If you have additional questions, please reach out to Mrs. Betker, Mrs. Proutsos, Easa Aristizabal, or Tess Murray! Let's keep the snowball rolling! Applications are due by Monday, October 2nd.
- Time is running out! Don’t miss your chance to give us your best shot and win great prizes- yes, that’s multiple prizes- in photo clubs first annual photo competition. Send your best shot to email@example.com. You snooze you lose!
- Do you like meeting new people? Do you like learning more about your strengths? Do you like having fun? Come to the Operation Snowball retreat in November. Applications are available NOW in the Social Work Office and are due by Monday, October 2nd. Questions? See Tess, Easa, Mrs. Betker, Mrs. Proutsos, or any Snowball staffer.
- If you weren’t able to attend the informational speech team meeting, but would still like to join, see Mr. Yuska in room 261 for more information and to grab required forms. No experience is required and everyone who wants to join will have a spot on the team.