Chromebook Loaner InformationBased on feedback from teachers, students, and members of the TSI program, we have decided to make some changes regarding the distribution of “loaner” Chromebooks.Beginning November 12th, students will no longer be issued loaner Chromebooks beforeschool. Instead, students will need teacher permission prior to receiving a loaner Chromebook. Loaner Chromebooks will still be provided for hardware issues (damaged/faulty Chromebooks). It is our hope that this small change will help us better allocate loaners to students that need them (and pinpoint frequent borrowers).Beginning on January 8, 2019, loaners will only be issued in cases of damaged/faulty Chromebooks. This change will help shift the responsibility of remembering to bring a fully-charged Chromebook to school to students. While this may be a bit challenging, at first, we are confident that students can develop responsible charging habits. (Consider that students rarely forget to charge their cell phones!)If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Assistant Principal, Ryan Maita.
To Parents of Incoming (2019) Freshman Students with IEP or 504 PlansFamilies of 8th grade students with an IEP or Section 504 Plan are encouraged to attend a presentation titled IEP / 504 Transition into High School. This is a collaborative event led by District 86, Hinsdale Central High School, Hinsdale South High School, and the PTO Parent Network. The evening will provide an opportunity to meet the district and high school administrative teams, current students and includes valuable information to help families with an IEP or Section 504 Plan prepare for high school.Held on November 15 at 7:00 p.m. in the Hinsdale Central High School Community Room, this collaborative / transition team will speak on a variety of topics, addressing the following questions:
We look forward to supporting you and your child as you begin to prepare for high school.
- What are the options for classes in high school?
- How is placement decided?
- Why are there recommendations for placement?
- How and when is the class schedule created?
- How many students are placed in a ‘regular’ class compared to a more supportive class?
- What are the levels of classes?
- What are the benefits of a co-taught class in high school?
- What is an IEP transition meeting?
- If a child qualifies for an Instructional Assistant (aide), how will that be arranged?
- What is the schedule of key events and meetings throughout the 8th grade school year?
- What are the expectations of a child in high school?
- Why does the school expect independence and how does this affect a parent’s decisions?
- What is the impact of labeling?
- What is differentiation?
- Why are inclusive practices so important?
- What are the homework expectations?
- Where does a parent go to keep track of their child’s progress?
- How does a parent know when their child is struggling?
- Where do you go for support and information?
- Why think about college now?
Drama Parents’ Association - Kick-Off MeetingAttention parents with students involved in Central’s Drama department - we are forming a Drama Parents’ Association to provide volunteer and financial support for the Drama program.Kick-Off Meeting: Thursday, November 15 from 6:15 pm to 6:45 pm in the Faculty Cafeteria.We’ll wrap up the meeting in time for you to attend 1984 in the Auditorium.Please join us! For any questions, please contact Karen Kleinkarenruzicklein@gmail.com.
Senior Pictures for YearbookFor Seniors who have yet to sign up for their Senior Photos, the photo company VIP is no longer offering 1 or 2 outfit sessions at the school. Only yearbook sessions and cap and gown sessions remain. Seniors may attend the Wheeling studio if they are still in need of their senior photos. The studio will be open December 27 and 28, and January 3, 4, and 5 over Winter Break to help accommodate to students’ needs. If you have additional questions, please contact Steven LaMaster at firstname.lastname@example.org
3:00 PM - 9:00 PM Senior Portraits with VIP
3:00 PM - 9:00 PM Senior Portraits with VIP
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM Fall Play - 1984 in Auditorium
7:30 PM - 9:00 PM Orchestra Festival
September 27, 2019
7:30 PM - 9:30 PM Homecoming Football Game
September 28, 2019
9:30 AM - 10:30 AM Homecoming Parade
7:00 PM - 10:00 PM Homecoming Dance