The District 86 communications department utilizes a variety of print and electronic resources to share news about the district, provide updates on what is happening in our schools, and celebrate the accomplishments of our students and staff.
Below are the areas that fall under the department's responsibility.
- Goal 4 (Family and Community Connections) of the district's strategic plan
- "Updates from 86" weekly email (sent to stakeholders every Monday)
- "First Look" (preview of board meetings shared via email)
- "Board Briefs" (summary of board meetings shared via email and posted on the website)
- Print newsletters (typically produced and mailed to all residences and businesses in the community twice a year)
- Social media (Facebook and Twitter)
- Media relations
- Community outreach
- Panorama feedback surveys
- Day-to-day internal and external communications
- Emergency and crisis communications
- Videos (highlighting the work being done by students and staff across the district)
- Mobile apps